Call and speak to an attorney today (603) 536-2700

We Welcome Veterans and
Law Enforcement Professionals

Parenting & Child Support

Many people think that when a divorce is finalized, there is no chance to change any part of the divorce decree. This is not true. It may be possible to change an existing order.

At Schwartzberg Law, we assist clients in post-divorce modifications of parenting plans, child support and alimony.

Modification Solutions in New Hampshire

When is Modification Appropriate?
In general, whenever there is a substantial change in circumstances for an individual affected by a divorce decree (generally an ex-spouse or child), a modification may be warranted. The following are some examples of these circumstances:

  • •   Substantial increase or decrease in income
  • •   Loss of job
  • •   Illness
  • •   Remarriage of ex-spouse
  • •   Change in financial needs of ex-spouse or child
  • At Schwartzberg Law and mediation center, we help clients modify their divorce decrees so their lives are accurately represented. We guide clients through the legal steps of a divorce modification to ensure their needs are being met.

    Schwartzberg Law offers the chance to settle a legal issue outside of court. For many, mediation is a cost-effective way to settle matters in a shorter amount of time than litigation.

  • •   Prior to the divorce, the parents must complete a parenting plan. You can find a parenting plan form (and other forms related to divorce) at the New Hampshire Judicial Branch Family Division site.
  • •   Parents need to decide on child custody issues such as residential responsibilities and decision-making responsibilities.
  • •   New Hampshire courts encourage as much contact with both parents as is practical under the circumstances.
  • •   The courts will order mediation in almost all cases.
  • •   New Hampshire has child support guidelines. The court can adjust child support depending on such issues as parenting time. We can explain the guidelines and how they affect you.