Small Business Legal Consulting
Since 1985 Schwatzberg Law has been serving as legal counsel for family owned and other closely held businesses.
This practice evolved from Attorney Schwartzberg’s family law business as existing clients who were running their own small businesses elected to retain the firm to handle their business issues.
Schwatzberg Law has also been involved with business startups for clients who, in the aftermath of divorce, made the decision to reinvent themselves as business owners and managers.
Schwartzberg Law - Small Business Division continues to service these former family law clients and, through the years, the firm has taken on other small businesses, most of whom where direct referrals from former family law clients.
The firm continues to expand in this area and invites new companies to meet with Schwatzberg Law to determine whether or not we can best meet their needs. Interested clients may call to consult with Schwatzberg Law or to set up an appointment to discuss the legal needs of their company.
Some of the services we provide are:
• Legal advice regarding the most appropriate form of entity for a particular business including: Incorporation, formation of an LLC or Not-for-Profit.
• Preparation of Shareholder, Partnership and LLC Member Agreements.
• Negotiation and preparation of contracts relating to the transaction of the company’s business with 3rd parties.
• Preparation of employment agreements and agreements with independent contractors
• Day to day consultation with business owners and managers regarding business related legal issues.